North Bristol Mountain Bike Club

Bristol Mountain biking in and around Ashton Court, Leigh Woods, Bristol, XC,Trail All Mountain and Downhill, GPS Maps and Routes, Videos and photos

Welcome, Guest
Chat about everything biking
  • Page:

TOPIC: Canyon delivery issues

Canyon delivery issues 4 weeks 2 days ago #5785

• Justin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Change the delivery address to my place and I'll run it in for you while you are away!

Posted using the Club mobile app
- The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
- No one gets hurt in the air
- There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Canyon delivery issues 1 week 3 days ago #5905

• lee
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 16
The Canyon saga continues…..

As you all know I ordered my Canyon Rockzone (2013 model) on October 31st 2012 to be delivered in the second week in December 2012. I had read all the stories on the web regarding peoples bikes never turning up, but thought that there is always a few customers that things just do not work out for and there must be a lot of customer who are very happy and have had no issues.
The second week in December came and by Thursday I thought I would email the Canyon UK email address to see if everything was ok. I was told it was going to be shipped that week. I heard nothing for the rest of the week until a letter was delivered on the Saturday morning telling me that due to issues with parts not being delivered to Canyon on time the bike delivery date will now be delivered during the second week of Jan. So it is now the second week in Jan and come Thursday I thought I would send an email to Canyon again to find out what was happening. I received a reply late on that day (I used work email and had already left for the day, so got the email the next day). So Friday morning I read the email that said “Your bike was sent today” (that would have been the day before). This was a surprise as I had not received any delivery notification or tracking number as they state I would on their website.

So emailed Canyon back today to ask if this was correct because I have not received any tracking/delivery details. There reply below,
Dear Harper Lee,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

I am sorry, I mixed something up I guess.

The order is not shipped.

I will investigate this for you and come back to you before 18:00 today.

Sincerely,

Canyon UK

Now I am not sure if they are just stupid and have no idea what orders are being worked on, or they are just stalling as the bike is not ready for shipping. ! But it seems to be that Canyons bike are such good value that they have so many orders that they just do not care what the customer thinks as he is not really important. For a company that is 100% web based there website and ordering process is very bad. I mean if you go on Chain reaction or similar you can login and see your order so have some idea of what place in the delivery process it is. Or may be that Canyon do this deliberately because there know that they cannot meet there delivery dates.

So I am now left waiting still with no news on where the bike is !
If at first you dont succeed, spend 6 hrs in casualty, then try again !!!
“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”

Canyon delivery issues 1 week 3 days ago #5907

• grantw
  • Expert Boarder
Lee,

At least they are actually replying to your emails, It does Suck big time, Good job your ordered the bike during Winter, I bet if you wrote a letter to MBR and they put it in there mag, they would pull there fingers out.

Laters

Grant from the Midlands

Canyon delivery issues 3 days 8 hours ago #5952

• lee
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 16
So another week go's by with out any delivery details form Canyon.

I had email last Friday after they had told me it had already been sent ! to tell me that "sorry they were wrong" and in fact it was not sent and was planned to be built this week and I should get a delivery notice, but nothing. I am learning very fast that Canyon's email are complete fabrication and have no really information of any meaning in them, they are just there to keep you off there backs for another week or so.

So though the Canyon website is very good in telling you the expected delivery date, I would say it might as well be written in Klingon as it means about the same to the normal biker. I am sure the bike will be excellent when it finally arrives, but I feel the Canyon experience for me has been well and truly tainted and the problem with that is I will be telling everyone one on the trail when they ask about the bike.....and even some that don't.

Shame !
If at first you dont succeed, spend 6 hrs in casualty, then try again !!!
“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
  • Page:
You are here:

Mountain biking since 1995 - Copyright © 2002 - 2013